Re: 58 Work light

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 30, 2018 at 18:09:35 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 58 Work light posted by Mike on December 30, 2018 at 16:02:25:

That's it Mike. You have all the parts. Lamp bulb inserts into spring loaded socket and locks in with a twist. The wire end bullet connector from socket connects to other terminal on switch. The wire from switch feeding thru the hollow mounting bolt will then connect to the wire feed from light switch on dash for your power. This is the OEM 6V/POS GRN system. Now, if you are having issues with getting no power, here's a little trick I do with my worklights after I blast and paint them. Take a piece of sandpaper and gently remove the paint on the housing where the switch mounts to on the inside of the shell. This will ensure a good electrical ground. Then take the sandpaper and go on the inside of the bezel where the spring clips will go to secure the lamp in place. Sand the paint away under the lip of the bezel to bare metal to also ensure a good ground from clips to lamp shell. One last thing I do is sand the fender mounting cup a bit where the lamp housing fits into. I also will take a rat-tail file and get the fender bracket bolt holes to bare metal as well -all to ensure a good ground. It looks like you have a CM HALL made worklight. There will be their stamped diamond logo on the outer shell by the switch. Says: "CM HALL LAMP CO. DETROIT MICH USA"

CM HALL LOGO STAMP ON WORKLIGHT:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1546211375">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]