Re: 58 Work light

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 30, 2018 at 19:16:13 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 58 Work light posted by Mike on December 30, 2018 at 18:52:37:

Mike -yes, the lamp reflector is metal. The bulb base soldered in is also metal, and the socket is metal as well. Sand the lip underside of the bezel like I said, not the lamp base edges -no need to do that. Sand the underside of the lamp housing where the switch mounts for a good ground. When the socket is twisted on to the bulb bayonet end, it makes the ground automatically to any and all metal parts. The CM HALL logo marking is on the outside right by the switch. Often many coats of paint will hide it. Hold it to a good light and angle it so and you might see it. As I said earlier, only FORD and CM HALL made the implement lamps. The only difference is FORD lamps had no wire retaining clip on the hollow bolt. CM HALL added one and their logo. NOBODY else made the original worklights back then. Today, only Dennis Carpenter is licensed to repop them exact-as-original. Every part supplier on the planet buys his and marks them up and resells them too. I wouldn't worry about the markings, I have no doubt yours is an original HALL. Get it working first. If you get totally stumped, you can send it to me and will get it working correctly. No charge, you pay shipping, my email is open.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1546215373">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]