Re: 641 Hydraulics question

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on July 02, 2017 at 03:09:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 641 Hydraulics question posted by Tom Hall on July 01, 2017 at 09:50:34:

The easiest and cleanest way to do it is to add a standard remote valve to your tractor. You remove that cover under the seat and it bolts on in place of it. No messing with having to mount extra valves and hoses and no switching back and forth from your snow plow to your 3 point and no chaining down your lift arms etc.
There are several different styles and manufacturers. This one is a dual - two handles/spools. The identical valve will fit all Fords up to about 80 hp from 1955 till well into the 1980s. Ford had a good thing going with these and kept it for 30+ years.
So finding a used one isn't difficult. Cost for a used one will run about $175 for a single and double that for a dual. Look on ebay, etc.
New they are about double the price of used. Remote valves don't get used a lot so usually they are not worn out or leaking.
The one in the photo is on my 3600. It is a tisco style. It is a dual - the spools are side by side. A Ford style which was sold by the dealers back in the day will have the spools stacked one on top of the other. One is just as good as the other.
I use both spools on mine. In the winter when I put my snow plow on I use one spool/handle for that. On a dual, usually one side is adjustable for power up and gravity down. The other is power both ways. Most singles are adjustable that way too. I do not like power down on a snow plow.
The other spool I use year round on a hydraulic top link. I would cry if I ever had to go back to a manually adjustable top link.
Sorry this got so long. It's 2 AM and I can't sleep so thanks for the diversion.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1498979376">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]