Re: 641 Hydraulics question

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TheOldHokie on July 02, 2017 at 20:44:00 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 641 Hydraulics question posted by Tom Hall on July 02, 2017 at 19:32:53:

As I said initially - the adapter plate and a generic valve is a cheap and easy solution. Unlike the OEM valves generic valves are dirt cheap.

The single spool version of this Chief G Series mono-block valve is less than $50. Personally I would opt for the $125 two spool joystick model because I have been spoiled by joysticks and just might want to do a bit more than lift a snow plow blade with it. In fact at those prices a three spool valve is enticing. Be very careful when browsing the website - the prices are excellent but the pictures are not necessarily a match for the valve. Double check the part number to be sure exactly what they are selling.

In case you are wondering Chief valves and cylinders are made by Bailey's Manufacturing, founded in Knoxville, TN in 1976. They also do Internet business as Bailey's Hydraulics and sell the vary same valves listed below for a good bit more....

Chief Mono-block Valve

Despite UD's protestations I have never had a hard time finding a handy place or difficulty mounting a valve on an old Ford tractor ;-) All it actually takes is a little thought, a small piece of steel, and a drill....

TOH

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1499042640">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]