Re: 641 Hydraulics question

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TheOldHokie on July 02, 2017 at 13:18:13 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 641 Hydraulics question posted by Ultradog MN on July 02, 2017 at 12:40:18:

Come on UD. I am not a cheapskate but the Ford remotes are incredibly expensive and lack the control features commonly found in modern valves. YT prices start at $700 for a single spool bare bones valve and go as high as $1300 and change for the two spool kit. The 3 spool solenoid actuated valve and joystick costs $875 and can mount anywhere with a couple bolts. A two spool version is about $700.

The wiring harness simply plugs in to the valve and you need a 12V connection to the battery. Not exactly back breaking work. The end result is a very neat and user friendly control station with the hydraulic connections placed well out of teh way at the point the implements connect. Would you really want to use an OEM two spool under the seat valve to run a loader? There is a reason just about every piece of farm and construction machinery made today has arm rest located joystick controls for everything from hydraulics to steering and travel.

When you do have to run hoses clutter is simply a matter of discipline. If you take the time to acquire the proper length hoses, suitable connectors, and route and dress them properly they are out of the way and not an issue. It's when you run them every which way (as in the picture I posted) they look horrible and get in the way.

TOH

PS> The valve kit I posted is marketed as "universal" - you can put it on any tractor with a hydraulic outlet and 12V electrics which means just about everything made since 1965. Not so with the Ford specific valve. You are not going to use it on anything but an old Ford.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1499015893">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]