Re: earliest tract-o-lite?(pics)

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley on June 16, 2007 at 15:28:06 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: earliest tract-o-lite?(pics) posted by lonestarjeff on June 16, 2007 at 15:25:23:

Jeff-
COnsult old posts from DAn as he recently restored a worklight. You have to carefully pry the crimped edges apart fron the glass and housing then you can desolder the bulbe and replace with a new one. Getting the glass back on the housing without breaking it is th etrick. There was a paper gasket between the galss too.

Now, you realize you have an original CM Hall light don't you? In your pictures, look at the switch and just above the one screw is their logo. It is a diamond with CM Hall Lamp CO. Detroit MI stamped there. Does the switch work? I have come across several identical lights but the switches are always trashed. I've also noticed they all have four retainer clips, not three, and four seems to hold a lot better too. Remember once the rear worklight was introduced, many a farmer added to their machines regardless of year. Original 9N lighting kits suggest using an extra headlight for the worklight or one headlight in front and one in back. Is that an ammeter tore apart there too?

Tim Daley (MI)
*8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]