Re: Dearborn 10-156 2 bottom 14-inch adjustment

[ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by monroe3pt on December 26, 2010 at 19:26:28 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Dearborn 10-156 2 bottom 14-inch adjustment posted by jackinok on December 14, 2010 at 16:01:51:

"RULE OF THUMB" if all else fails,center of draft on any moldboard type plow is 1/4th of the width of one bottom to the left of the center of the entire width of the plow while looking from back of plow to front.center of draft should be straight line to center of hitch to make one pull straight."

Hi jackinot. Could you elaborate a little on your quote above? I can see that I will probably be facing the same problems as Mattcatlin.

I found a correct 3-bottom 14-inch Newgren plow with Forgy bases for use on my Dodge Power-Wagon equipped with the Monroe 3-point hitch. This plow is basically a cross between the Dearborns and Fergusons and was made to use with the Monroe "category I" hitches on Jeeps and Dodges. I have found no instructions in the Newgren literature as far as plow adjustments. It should be set about the same as the Dearborn and Ferguson instructions found in the Manuals Section here, however the std. dimension of 3-1/2" on the "S" shaped rock-shaft will not work as the Power-Wagon has a 64-34" track width vs. the recommended plowing setting of 52" on the N-series tractors. This would leave the first furrow in each pass incomplete with the sole standing on edge.

The Newgren literature shows the plow main beams slid over as far as possible on the cross-shaft so the plow follows off-center to the passenger side of the truck. I suspect that the rock-shaft should be rotated slightly to cause the lower links to swing further to the side also.

Thanks,
Clint

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1293409588">

[ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]