Re: Dearborn 10-156 2 bottom 14-inch adjustment

[ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jackinok on December 27, 2010 at 11:22:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Dearborn 10-156 2 bottom 14-inch adjustment posted by monroe3pt on December 26, 2010 at 19:26:28:

basically. what you have to do is OFF HITCH if your tires are not adjustable,or you are using a plow not made for your tractor.many folks switched to tractors but still used thier horse drawn equipment back in the old days.I am not in the least familiar with your set up ,but what i would do first is make sure your hitch is in center of truck.if it is offset to passenger side you are already off hitched and you would set your plow as usual.if not,try this,,

first measure the INSIDE width of your tires,this is what you want to set to not the centerline of tires.this will give you the amount of off hitch you need.( I would check if rims were reversable also as the dish in wheels might help)

the center of draft of any 14" MOlDBOARD plow is 3 1/2 " to the left of the center of entire width of plow(14" =(width of one bottom) devided by four=3 1/2").so you have 3 three bttm plow which gives you width of cut of 42" divided that by two to get center line would equal 21 +3 1/2"=24 1/2 to CENTER OF DRAFT.this is where you normally would want to set the inside of tire.(note that on a n the 52" spacing doesnt compute,but this spacing is from centerline of tire,not to the inside that would be following the furrow,the 52 " spacing is for original tires ONLY! wider tires would require to be absolutly correct wider spacing,) Ever wonder why drawbar is adjustable on these if they were made for this specific tractor?

so from our figures we know our wheel spacing SHOULD be 49 " to INSIDE of tire to get center of draft on plow to center of truck,but we cant get there,so we have to off hitch. Since I dont know the exact measurements of your tires,and all that i'll just make up something close. say your tires are 8" wide. we take the wheelbase of your truck which you say is 64" subtract 8"(1/2 of each tire) and we have 56" INSIDE wheel spacing. our hitch point should be 24 1/2 " to left of right rear tire , but if we hitch in ceter we will as you say leave a unplowed strip.we need to off hitch 3 1/2 " .so what we need to do is exactly as you say ,slide drawbar on the plow 3 1/2" LEFT,BUT when we do we also must turn plow to make it cut straight.we do this by ROTATING drawbar since it has an offset.but we need to know how much .this we can do by running a string straight down back of center moldboard landslide out front of truck measure from inside of tire to string and rotate drawbar to get our off set correct.as you rotate drawbar,keeping string straight with landslide moves it left or right in front of truck .simply turn it as needed to make offset same as rear and plow should pull straight on truck only offset from centerline.( you may depending on your exact measurements have to play with this adjustment some but it should be very close). Hope this helps,I'm not a very good explainer!

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1293466951">

[ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]