Re: Just like an airplane; all about weight

[ Safety Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tyler (MD) on November 15, 2008 at 04:49:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Just like an airplane; all about weight posted by Mike Wilson, Catlett VA on November 15, 2008 at 04:48:09:

I remember when I was a tyke, my grandfather and great uncle pulled a case combine with a Farmall A. Amazing what these little tractors could do. This is me at the wheel back in 1970.

I remember when we traveled from farm to farm and came to a downward steep hill we used another tractor behind the combine, chained that tractor to the back of the combine and used it for extra braking power. It seemed to help. I know it won't help this guy out, it's truly is an accident. I'm just giving you my experience with what was done to help in our situation. I also remember pulling a fully loaded hay wagon up a fairly steep hill with that same "A" tractor and it stalled out. The tractor started drifting backwards before I was able to get it started. The brakes weren't holding the load. I got it started with the help of my grandpa. I ended up changing my skivvies on that one. :-)

Tyler

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ Safety Forum ] [ FAQ ]