NOS Gasket - P/N O1A6749

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 23, 2009 at 16:12:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: N-Series Oil Filters posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 12, 2009 at 08:13:35:

The oil filter housing cap has a large rubber gasket that fits up under the lid in a groove and it usually comes with a new filter. There is also a gasket that looks like a washer under the center bolt that clamps the lid down. The original Ford part number is O1A-18675, later changed to O1A-6749. Some may have been made of copper originally. Sometimes you need to replace it too when you do an oil change. If you get seepage from there, replace it. Don't try a regular flat washer, it won't work and it'll leak. Trust me. You use to get a new O1A6749 gasket in the filter element kit, but they were discontinued by the late 1990's. Probably a cost-savings move -reduce materials, up the price. The part number shown on package here, O1A6749, is a good number at your local CNH dealer. Just8Ns and Dennis Carpenter sell them too for around five bucks a pop. My local CNH dealer told me he has never sold one. He may not have because they do last a long time. Just remember not to overtighten center bolt. This unit is made of fiber material and measures approximately 57/64 OD x 29/64 ID x .5/64 thick.

Tim Daley(MI)
*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:


Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1256328764">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]