Re: TISCO Ford Med Gray

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by raven on January 15, 2013 at 07:38:50 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: TISCO Ford Med Gray posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 15, 2013 at 06:57:33:

Believe the spray can I got was from a bad lot, which was out of spec... a quality control issue.

If your TISCO Medium Ford Gray color ended up equal to the cap color then the color is gray with a slight green hue.

The TISCO medium gray is darker than the Valspar and TSC ford light gray
Do not know the actual application for the light Ford gray paint color.

However, watched a video on U Tube interviewing Harhold Brock. He indicated in the interview that the intent of the gray color was to blend with the color of bird droppings. I have a brown colored wood fence that is used by the birds to pirch. Now I know why fences are painted white. The light gray from Valspar and TSC is more of the same color as the bird droppings.

The paint color from the paint can I received appears green indoors and outdoors in the sunlight, not gray and is a different color than the top cap.

Believe too much blue and yellow dye was added in the manufacturing process making it appear green rather than gray.

A better paint would be a urethane using catalyst hardner. The CNH will be the same type of oil based alkyd as the TISCO/ van Sickle

Plan on getting CNW gray paint today to compare to the TISCO med ford gray,
but do not know the color.
There is NW red, but is there a HN gray, also?

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1358253530">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]