Re: Carb ID help

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gaspump on February 05, 2009 at 12:22:04 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Carb ID help posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on February 05, 2009 at 05:06:21:

You mentioned "original Butterfly valve without the rubber tip" Not sure what you are speaking of there. The TSX-33 could have been rebuilt by a licensed rebuilder to any other spec so an original TSX-33 bowl could end up on another such as the TSX-241B. New as well rebuilt carbs of most models were sold in the 1950's, even after the superceding by the TSX-241B occured you could still order new or rebuilt TSX-33's, but no telling what was in them. The huge difference and the most important is that the original TSX-33's had a very small economiser jet, between .021 and .031, it easily plugged and made the tractor run very poorly. I have posted the correct TSX-241B jet sizes but nowdays you can by or get jets in most any size. I like the correct TSX-241B sizes, they work for me. Main=.052, Econo=.037 and Idle=.0465. The Main Fuel Nozzle is important too but I don't recall actually measuring openings in one, I just compare new to known good ones and nozzles you can buy nowdays, like jets are all over the scale. Lastly some argue that an Idle of .0465 is too large and I say to them I found it will work fine if its under .040, elevation and fuel may matter here too, don't know. I have seen at least 4 N's with 241's without a main jet and they ran! Rebuilt my BIL's 8N TSX-241B after he had two service calls plus springing for a brand new carb to get it to run right, the local carb expert left the main jet out at least twice and charged a bundle 3 times. That error likely comes from the later NAA and up carbs that used no main and relied solely on the Main Fuel Nozzle.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]