Re: E.T. Gregorie

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 20, 2013 at 09:32:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: E.T. Gregorie posted by Steve Dabrowski on January 19, 2013 at 12:38:08:

I've always felt that the most intriguing people I'd want to meet from back then would be the fellows in the blue room. These are the engineers and designers that made it all happen. We all know the Ford and Ferguson stories, but the behind the scenes guys are those whom I'm more interestd in meeting and talking with. The real inventors and designers of the 3-point hitch, Archie Greer, Willie Sands, and John Chambers, not Harry Ferguson, engineered the whole project. Once they joined Ford, their team of Sheldrick, Farkas, Schultz, Scott, Gregorie, Simpson, and Sorenson would be the guys I want to meet. When Simpson quit over one to many arguments with Ferguson, Harold Brock was named chief engineer. I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Mr. Brock on more than one occasion. I am forever grateful of those meetings. I am also fortunate to have many original Ford Tractor manuals and books with personally hand written notes from Mr. Brock in the margins.

As far as Ferguson and the name, it is fact he wanted the tractor to only be named the 'FERGUSON" until Charles Sorenson took him asisde and explained to him that without Ford, there would be no tractor. He was brought back to reality and soon accepted the name and emblem we all know on 9Ns and 2Ns.

Tim

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1358692363">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]