Re: points gap/oil pump

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bri on August 24, 2012 at 22:11:17 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: points gap/oil pump posted by Ncorrigible on August 24, 2012 at 20:02:34:

Thanks for input, no tach on this one, but I dont run it any harder than reason. Cold oil pressure is about 30# at all speeds and drops to less than <10# when all is warmed up. otherwise it does not vary much with engine speed or got worse over time. Oil is tsc 30 weight installed sept 2011 with abt 30 hours on it.

Mark, I was under the impression thst this was a continental I stand corrected, thanks.

Bruce I have the FO-4 manual but used your reply to Drake posted last may. Installed points and max gap was 0.013". I checked the timing with the bit & rule & it was dead on @ 1/4" and checked continuity as per instructions and all checks out.
Eccentric, as in a little unbalanced or out of round. as in buying a tractor 2 years older than me. I will pull the dizzy and check the lobes. probably remove the "adjusting" screw and set it at .015. and get the right plugs and some copper core ignition wires......get it running right again and maybe when I get back in december I will get to the oil pump,axle seals and brakes. Thanks All. Bri

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1345860677">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]