Re: Rear Worklight Project

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 22, 2010 at 12:33:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Rear Worklight Project posted by Jon MI on July 22, 2010 at 08:55:07:

Jon-
Dennis Carpenter makes all the lamps, wirings, and accessories for the worklights and Just8Ns sells them. They do offer a 12V dimpled style lamp. I have restored many of these and usually the switch is always shot when I get them. I would not sandbalst or wire wheel the reflector unless completely gone. Original lamps were chrome or silverered finish. There is a large rubber gasket under the crimped shell. Prying the shell back from the glass is tricky and even trickier trying to recrimp without breaking the glass. There are 12V bulbs that you could get and try all this as suggested by unsoldering the old bulb. I'd keep the original 6V lamps, if they work, or put them up for sale on our ADS forum. Technically, the worklight wasn't introduced until late '49 and all lighting kits up til then suggested you use one headlight for a worklight. Ford Flatrock Lamp Factory made a lot of the worklights too and CM Hall was the only approved vendor. The lamps are identical to the Ford blueprint except the CM HALL diamond logo is stamped on theirs next to the light switch. Hope this help[s...

Tim daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1279816438">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]