Rear Worklight Project

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon MI on July 22, 2010 at 08:55:07 [URL] [DELETE] :

I picked up a pair of rear worklights recently from a partout. Both have CM Hall housings, one has dimpled glass and one has the frosted ringed glass. Both say ford tract-o-light on the glass, so they appear to be originals. One has the original switch too. The other was missing the switch. I started disassembly to rebuild them and found all the wiring needs to be replaced, and both bulbs are bad. I run a 12V system on my 2n. I plan to buy a switch and new sockets, blast/prime/paint the housings, but the bulbs are my question.

Should I:
A) buy the sealed beam 12V bulb/lens from Dennis C for each unit and sell off my nice vintage ones? Both have good glass and I really like the look of the ringed lens.
B) Tear down, repaint, and re-solder in new 12V bulbs into my old lens/housings?

I am not afraid to tear these ones apart, but I am not comfortable on how to properly un-solder the old bulbs and solder in new ones that are 12V. Does anybody have info on these bulbs?

I attached a couple pics for grins. Looks like a missing switch leaves an open hole that the wasps really liked...pretty funny.

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1279803307">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]