Re: Interesting 1939 9N For Sale in IN

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on February 12, 2010 at 18:30:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Interesting 1939 9N For Sale in IN posted by Dean on February 12, 2010 at 16:20:44:

For comparison purposes, last winter I passed on a nice running 39 with a serial number around 9XXX. The price was $2000 with all four tires brand new. The small genny had been replaced with a standard type "C" large genny and both smooth axles and the AL grill were gone. But, it was a nice rust-free tractor that had evidently been garaged for most of its life.

Smooth axles are running around $400 each. I ought to know as I just bought two at that price. A repop AL grill goes for about $250. CM Halls in nice shape go for $400 for the pair.

If the Indiana tractor has a later model genny or an alternator the price is a bit high. Even worse if it has just one smooth axle and not two.

BUT, if it has the small genny intact and both smooth hubs and the AL grill it is a good deal. Even without the small genny it is a fair deal if you don't have to pay shipping to get it to you.

Al this assumes that the block is good and that it runs, more or less. It's harder that you might think to find '39's in basically good shape, though, and they aren't making any more of them.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1266017444">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]