Re: Craftsman tools at Ace Hardware

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 36 coupe on March 19, 2018 at 05:26:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Craftsman tools at Ace Hardware posted by steveVa on December 20, 2017 at 16:00:10:

Sears went down hill when they dropped the big catalog.I still have tools that bought in the fifties.They opened a store in the Bangor ME mall in 1975.That store is closing now.I stopped in to see what was left in the tool dept.It was pretty well cleaned out.Items that were left were poor deals at 50% off.A fellow was looking at a sump pump and checking prices on his smart phone.Sears had the pump priced at 100.00 bucks.Home Depot had pump for 70.00.I had a gift card that had 3.00 left on it.Bought a small cylinder of butane to refill my lighter I use to light my grill and propane torch.Friend and I were in the store for some garden tools.There was a wheel barrow priced at 70.00.I had just bought the same one for 43.00 at a hardware store close to home.He opened a credit account even after I told about problems I had with Sears credit.When you made a payment they put it on the interest.The principle remained the same.It took him a long time to get out of that account.Last thing I bought from Sears was a lawn mower.Parts were hard to get and it cost me 14.00 shipping for three small parts fo a string trimmer.I once worked on a Sears washer that had 8 parts missing on agitator spindle.The Sears told the owner there was nothing wrong with the machine, that the noise was normal.Sears abused customers for a long time.They opened too many stores in areas of low population.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]