Re: 8N Performance degrades when warmed up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick on May 14, 2017 at 07:58:57 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N Performance degrades when warmed up posted by 36 coupe on May 14, 2017 at 05:59:05:

Here is the update on what I discovered. After all the suggestions I started with draining the gas tank and checking the fuel path from point A to the carb. I did find a very small piece of debris in the top of the float bowl assembly. It made a small difference when I compared the fuel flow before and after I removed it from the fuel line before it attached to the carb. The big difference was coming out of the bottom of the carb when I removed the plug. The flow was noticeably slower. I knew when I put the after market carb on that the linkage did not give me full throttle with this carb. If I manually pulled on the linkage I would get an extra 15% or so of power so as I stated before I ordered a rebuild kit for the original carb. Do not buy the kit from e-bay that comes from India, at least 5 of the threads on the different parts did not fit. Fortunately when I broke it down it didn't need a thing, I cleaned and checked it but it was good to go. When I installed it back on the tractor it ran great as before but when it warmed up it never degraded. So problem solved and I would have to conclude that the problem was related to fuel flow through the aftermarket carb. It doesn't make sense to me that it ran great before it warmed up, the fuel flow should have affected it no matter the temp of the engine. But the results don't lead to any other conclusion. Thanks everyone who contributed with suggestions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]