Tractor rolled

[ Safety Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Loren (CA) on May 03, 2007 at 14:09:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

We had been working on building a small road. It rained all day Saturday, but Sunday was nice and sunny and my son (34) wanted to try out the 9n. He got too close to the edge and as I was running to tell him to stop so we could chain it to a tree he tried to move it. The soft ground gave away under the right rear tire allowing it to slip down about two feet. When the tire contacted the solid ground the inertia caused the tractor to roll. My son almost made it out, but the left rear tire caught him and squeezed his shoulders between it and the tree. He rolled out but was in a lot of pain. A CT scan showed a small crack in his left shoulder blade but no other major damage, just bruised, and maybe torn, muscles. The doctor said 6 to 8 weeks to heal. If it wasn't for the tree the tractor would probably have rolled over on him. This was the first time he drove this tractor, and his wife said the LAST time!
The most scared I have ever been in 62 years was watching this tractor rolling over on my son!!
Don't know what else to say except please be careful out there.
Loren

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ Safety Forum ] [ FAQ ]