Re: Democrats play book

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe in Texas on August 10, 2022 at 19:34:27 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Democrats play book posted by Bruce(OR) on August 09, 2022 at 10:28:18:

"read and never comment..."

Interesting, but I think it's deeper than that, or maybe the word is shallower. I am seeing a whole new generation who are of the mentality of "why worry, be happy".

I see 20 to 40 year olds who don't know who is in office anywhere except for the president. They know that only because of the big three news organizations and their headline news cycles. Here in Texas, they "might" know who the governor is, but they won't know when he is elected and for how long. They only know what they see on utube and facebook. You get my drift. It's a generation of people who don't care, don't know history, don't know anything except what's for kicks tonight.

I am really frustrated. I have a schoolteacher daughter who was brought up in a conservative home. Even she has tunnelvision when it comes to politics. She is wrapped up in school so much she never watches the news other than the same headlines mentioned above. My son is a peace officer. He listens to me and goes along with how I feel. But, he is exposed to all kinds of hate and bigotry because of what he does for a living. I do not envy either of them in that respect.

I ramble a bit in my old age. One thing I do is vote every time I can.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]