Re: I am Golden!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on March 03, 2022 at 14:04:20 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: I am Golden! posted by Jack - Iowa on March 02, 2022 at 07:41:59:

Wife was already too smart. She came equipped with a Stihl 026 chainsaw, an 8 HP chipper shredder, Sears roto-tiller and had experience helping her father pour a 1500Sq Ft. concrete foundation for a house that never got built. Seems one of the sides was not absolutely square and her dad being a perfectionist, just stopped working on it some 30 years before we got married. She got experienced driving a 5 ton dump and working a Case backhoe long before I showed up. Not long ago we picked up a D4d cat at 21K #. She jumped on it and started tearing things up. I just brought the smarts to the game of knowing how to fix it all. The foundation is no longer worth building on and needs to get redone. The county is a PITA for permits and someday, someone will buy this 20 acres and build a McMansion on it. Sell this now for $3M? And go where to get the same of no human neighbors on 4 sides? Not overly loaded in cash, more is always nice but so is knowing when you have enough.
Currently living in a double wide band-aid can of a 1999 vintage and the wife is happy with this. I, on the other hand, am looking for a step up from this "open floor" plan. Don't like it. I remember watching a movie once and the old woman said houses were meant to be on the ground to grow roots. Trailers don't have roots. The snow blade is still available but the studs should come off her van though. . .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]