Re: I am Golden!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on February 25, 2022 at 12:42:00 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: I am Golden! posted by Jack - Iowa on February 25, 2022 at 08:51:45:

City. Oh! You got them Nay~burr things. Some can more of a Burr than others.
I am out in the sticks with federal forest land on two sides and a timber company on the other two sides. Tractors showed up in my life after we got married and I stoopidly fixed her Sears 5 HP roto~tiler. After the third or fourth row, I told her "This animal is broke".
I still have memories of my mother deciding to use myself and a friend of mine, who foolishly volunteered, to do landscaping with a tiller. He was a workaholic and we built a hillside about 40 feet long and 6 foot tall. About 30 blisters later between the two of us it was done. Right after that, mom got a dozer
(?? it's been about 50 years) in and redid it again.
I am allergic to tillers.
I went looking for a tractor, I gave her a price for a decent machine and was told it was too much. After a few arguments, I gave up. Then she decided we needed a FEL. More research and arguments and I gave up again.
A few weeks later she lit upon a 1940 9N machine with the FEL that fit her budget and we brought home a project. That has blossomed into a wrecking yard outside and now a Kubota L2501 with 42 hours on it. I am also now looking at a L3960 machine.
Bigger and better, however a bit wider than the 2501 which is close to the 8N size.
Fun doesn't stop. Just takes another twist. Another twist being the '93 F350 CC Dually 7.3 idiT project that she found.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]