Re: Harbor (China) Freight

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on November 15, 2021 at 05:53:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Harbor (China) Freight posted by Mower on November 14, 2021 at 07:09:00:

You said: "You really can't figure that out on your own?
A cashier can reprint a cash sales receipt that has multiple items on it from the register and put it in their pocket. The next day (or later that day) they can run the receipt through as a cash return and pocket the money."

That looks to me like a system design flaw/failure. That is a management problem, not the customer's. What don't you understand about that?

You said: "If you don't have one of their serialized receipts, Walmart will require an ID before they will issue a cash receipt."
I have never had to (nor will I ever) show ID for a cash purchase, particularly for such a small amount. AND, I always insist on a receipt. PERIOD!

Now, my wife worked in retail sales for K-mart and JC Penny for the better part of 20 years. During those years, I heard many stories of attempted retail fraud and outright shoplifting. Some were rather scary. In one case, a manager overrode my wife rejecting a return with no receipt for an item the store did not stock or sell because, "the customer is always right". Poor management, again!

We can go on and on with this verbose nonsense if you like, and apparently you do.

BTW, I have NEVER given them my telephone number during ANY purchase, cash or credit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]