Don B and Randy Z Reply

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 27, 2012 at 07:08:47 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Some Info On Cast Iron Governors and Distributors posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 27, 2012 at 06:59:29:

Tim.....the 9n12131B2 distributor base [cast iron] was born 3-14-1941.It was optional with the B1 and B3 which were aluminum as were all 9n distributor bases prior to this.The B2 was to be used only when the others were not available.There were early changes to the 9n12131 as you can see by the suffixes,which would be in my opinion,more important to a restoration on a 9n. I have no info on the governors since they were made by and purchased directly from NOVI. don b

Randy Zierks' Reply:

Tim, the distributor base drawing that survives is –B3 (M1588 aluminum) and earliest date on it is 1944. Don Barkley may have older prints, perhaps with other material. Tons of dimensions would have to be different. There had to have been (at least) an –A (and before that one with no suffix) and a –B1 and –B2. The original could have been the C.I. version and the B1 and B2 could have been alternate suppliers’ versions of the aluminum design.

Don’t have anything on governors. Sorry.

Randy

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1346065727">

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]