Still more info . . .

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on February 18, 2009 at 17:21:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: More info! posted by Paladin (Bob In PA) on February 18, 2009 at 17:21:02:

The 7HA engine was the first version of the "H" series flathead six. It went into production in 1947 for the 1948 model year cars/trucks. It was subsequently upgraded to the 0HA engine, which went into production in 1950 and the 1HA engine, which went into production in 1951.

The 1HA engine had adjustable valve lifters for the first time. 1HA exhaust valves are not interchangable with the 7HA valves. I am also aware that the timing gear went from fiber to aluminum or aluminum to fiber, not sure which.

The 1HA head was different due apparently to an attempt at a hemispherical combustion chamber. I found reference in an old Ford manual that the 1HA head could also be fitted to a 7HA or 0HA, no problem.

Speaking to other Funk owners on the web I find mostly 1HA installations, but one 7HA installed also. I have found no instance of the car or truck engine being installed, but only the industrial engine. The car and truck engines have tilted intake manifolds to keep the carb level while the engine tilts backward when installed in the vehicle. The industrial engine has a flat intake manifold intended for a level mounted installation.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]