Moto Tug is complete; Need Moto Tug help . .

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paladin (Bob IN PA) on July 18, 2008 at 10:23:04 [URL] [DELETE] :

I almost fell off the chair yesterday when N-News showed up. A gentleman named Gary Zielke in Michigan was selling an almost complete metal body for a Moto Tug for $300. I bought it. My Moto Tug was demilitarized by having the body torch cut off and thrown away. There's going to be some serious welding and fabrication in the future, but my Moto Tug is basically complete once I get the body east. What a find.

Gary's late father specialized in the Moto Tugs and restored several. One is in an aviation museum. Gary is selling off the odds and ends that his dad left behind.

I really would like to find out more about these modified Ford tractors. Gary told me more that I knew before - that the Army and the Navy both used them, and some were sold directly to civilian users and there was sales literature and brochures for them and the whole bit. Gary said that they were sold under the Ford/Ferguson agreement even though they had no hydraulic pump and didn't use the Ferguson system. I am buying a parts manual from him, too. Whatever parts on them were not Ford tractor were Ford truck. This should make a restoration a little easier.

It seems that the Moto Tug restorers out there are not on the standard tractor websites like this one. If anybody has any ideas who I could contact, please feel free to email me or post.

PS - My family has deserted me on this one. My son said "What are you going to do with it - drive out to the mailbox and back? Are you going to buy a Corsair fighter to tow around?"

Not a bad idea. Now THAT would have turned heads at Denton.

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]