1000 series knowledge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry H. on December 18, 2022 at 10:05:48 [URL] [DELETE] :

I know this is an 8N forum but wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on 1000 series tractors? I have a 74 3000 gas with an engine mounted hydraulic pump. Last year I had the engine rebuilt. Had a bad cam so they replaced that an also put new rings, bearing act. to it. Got it back in August and used it to mow a few times. 3 point was a little slow but worked fine. Seemed to get better as tractor warmed up. I put the back blade on and graded my stone driveway and put it in the barn. Getting it ready for snow that is coming and now 3 point will not go up at all. I bled it at the pump as the manual says and it worked ok Thought maybe it had gotten air in somehow. Now it doesn't work at all. I put a ball valve in at the pump bleeder and hooked up a clear plastic line to run the fluid back into the fill hole in the rear. Air bubbles are in with the fluid. Must be sucking air from somewhere. Also I did put new and proper fluid into it before I had engine repaired. My thinking on his is that when they split the tractor for engine repair they did not get the seal on the suction line at the pump. I could be wrong though as I am quite often ha. Any ideas? Whatever I have to do is going to wait till spring. Barn is unheated and it is really getting cold. Storm coming they are saying. I'm hoping my Polaris and plow can clear the driveway since tractor is now working. Thanks for any ideas.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]