Re: 801 workmaster

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on November 29, 2022 at 07:02:00 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 801 workmaster posted by dave#1 on November 28, 2022 at 13:56:07:

Looks like a pretty nice tractor.
Price is very good for this area.
IMO, they were a bit over horsed for their size.
You will definately need rear ballast to put its full power to the ground. Great on the pto tho.
You've had Ns long enough that it will be entirely familliar to you.
The detents in the 5 sp transmission are prone to wear and will pop out of gear. Especially in higher gears.
The way to test is to go down a steep hill at high rpms then quickly decelerate using the throttle.
See if it pops out of gear - a loaded trailer behind it will accomplish the same test.
5 speed could be either live or transmission pto.
860 = live 850 = transmission
Model/serial should be hand stamped into the bell housing - just above and to the rear of the starter.
Plenty of new and used parts for them.
If it has factory spin on oil filter cylinders will be parent bore. If canister oil filter it will be sleeved. They changed during that model.
Once you've had live hydraulics you will never go back. Same with power steering.
There is a plate on the lift cover - just in front of the seat mount. You can add a hydraulic valve there. I cut the swivel balls off a turnbuckle type top link and welded them onto a heavy duty hydraulic cylinder. Made a hydraulic top link.
I would cry if I had to go back to a turnbuckle top link.
Below is a video my friend took of me.
I am NOT using the touch control to lift the 3 point. It is all the way up.
Am using just the hydraulic top link.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]