Re: NAA Cranks, dies out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lucy on September 16, 2022 at 11:11:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: NAA Cranks, dies out posted by Jack - Iowa on September 15, 2022 at 19:03:16:

Louisiana... but I've got it back going...

Y'all, I am embarrassed. I feel like a fool.
Perhaps though, there may be something wrong, and you guys can help me with it... First, let me describe what happened last night.

I took the whole air cleaning system off and cleaned the heck out of it. Refilled that oil cup, put it back up. Unscrewed the bolt below the carb, one drop of fuel came out. Well there's the issue, right??
Unscrew the line to the carb where the fuel screen should be?? Not a drop of fuel coming out. Okay, further back. Go back to the sediment bowl. Unscrew the fuel line from there, not a single drop comes out...
Did the sediment bowl set up get clogged? Unscrewed it from the tractor, had a funnel ready to catch the fuel from the tank and pour it into the gas can so I could put it back after I fixed the issue....

..... nothing came out...

Okay, I know I checked that there was fuel before I started all this... Checked again, and yes there's about 1" of fuel in there. Less than I thought originally, but there's still fuel in there.

Maybe there's a clog? Stuck a stick up the hole under the tank and it goes thru easily. Not clogged.. My fiance suggests the obvious - just add more gas... so we do.. and it works.

So the issue was definitely not getting fuel... but there was an inch of fuel in the tank, so can someone help me figure out how this tank is set up? I know there's 1 gallon reserve somehow, and I am not understanding how it is designed. There's also some garbage in the tank that I'd like to get out, if there's a way to open it up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]