Re: NAA Cranks, dies out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack - Iowa on September 15, 2022 at 07:24:20 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: NAA Cranks, dies out posted by Lucy on September 12, 2022 at 13:35:52:

As Ed has pointed out, getting gasoline in the sediment bulb does not equate to getting fuel into the cylinders. Dirt in the filter screen could be the problem. Or a vacuum leak could be the culprit. Do the test he pointed out. That would eliminate the filter(s) as the problem.

As I think about your problem I keep wondering if you have flooded the engine. Pull a spark plug and see if it is wet. A flooded engine will not start! If the plugs are wet you can try drying them with a torch. If they are severely flooded, it may be easier to just buy a new set.

Normally these engines require very little choke. My procedure is to pull the choke, hit the starter button and as it starts to turn push the choke in. You may have to give it more choke to keep it running but do so in spurts.

The fact the battery will turn the engine over does not mean is is good enough! It has to provide the power to develop the spark while turning the engine. A dirty connection in one of the battery cables could also cause that problem. Don't ignore where the battery cable is connected to the engine block. I have also had a battery cable which was corroded under the insulation and looked fine from the outside.

Lastly, do not start throwing parts at the tractor until you have performed troubleshooting and are reasonable sure you know the problem.

Good Luck,

Jack

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]