NAA Cranks, dies out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lucy on September 12, 2022 at 13:35:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

1953 Ford NAA
Recently purchased (actually traded a vehicle for this tractor). Not a pro - I'm just a young adult trying to manage my home. I've got 10 acres of land to mow and that's all I'm using this tractor for at this moment. I had to replace the fuel bulb assembly due to leaking, and the tractor worked for at least a couple hours since then.

I know the basic idea is an engine needs three things to run: fuel, air, and spark. I know we're getting fuel - I've turned the bulb assembly to all the way on, to the point I can see fresh fuel being injected into the bulb. It is now full. There is gasoline in the tank. Likely around 1/4th full.

I can turn the key and you hear the engine turning over, plus see exhaust (non colored, just can see it blowing the grass below), and see the fan turning over. However, it doesn't continue after turning the key. To me, that indicates the battery and key / cranking is fine.

I have turned the PTO off before cranking, I have checked the oil and hydraulic fluids, the temperature of the engine is fine and we have let it set over night to make sure. I have attempted cranking with and without pulling the choke.

I never grew up on a farm and have very little know-how in these subjects. I am not understanding many of the things I hear people say. I don't know what to do with spark plugs to test them, but I Know that's one of the "three" things I need to verify. I also don't know what to check regarding air.

Any advice is welcome, please go gently on me, I'm trying my best to learn but I don't have the background nor a mentor to help me. I'm relying on manuals and the internet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]