Re: Fan bearing?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on June 12, 2022 at 04:42:06 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Fan bearing? posted by Kevin Fisher on June 11, 2022 at 14:59:37:

There used to be a water pump rebuild kit available but I haven't seen Carpenter/JUST8N's listing it now for years. Like Bruce said, get a new water pump. Does your 2N use the OEM 2N-10000 Generator or do you have a 12V Alternator? Model year doesn't mean whole lot; it depends on what you current setup is. With either setup, do you have a fan belt tensioning device installed? If you use a 12V and alternator, the 6V GEN belt needs to be changed to the ALT style. The OEM 2N-10000 GEN had an attached belt tension device. I advise to also invest in a new fan belt as you may have glazed the current one and your 'burning rubber' description would indicate that. The new water pump kit comes with the new gaskets too. I'd also think about replacing the water pump hoses if old ones are hard and brittle, new hose clamps, and by all means install a new thermostat. You will need to drain some coolant first. Petcock is located at the bottom of the radiator. Since you'll have all those components dismantled anyway, now is the time to do PM and do the whole system. You can file "Fan Bearing" under "Muffler Bearing" but I think we know what you meant to say.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]