Re: donnahoo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on May 05, 2022 at 12:33:03 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: donnahoo posted by Frank on May 04, 2022 at 17:45:55:

Trujillo and Noriega were both installed by CIA. Trujillo had enough sense to leave when he was getting to be a PITA. He took all the money and ran off, never to be heard from again. Rumored to have gone to neutral Switzerland. Noriega thought he was king sh(t on t9rd island! He was totally clueless about having to vacate the position when told to do so.

Jimmy Carter gave away the canal and Bill Clinton had the option to negate that decision in 1999. Bill Clinton did not stop it and now the Chinese have moved in and gained a foothold in our back yard.

Sorry to read about your son. I was playing army when the Sandnistas (?) were making trouble and got deployed to Honduras, from Panama, as a show of strength.
Part of the Panamanian treaty was that Panama could not be used as a staging area to invade surrounding countries in the area.

I was there when Grenada happened and felt a bit sorry for the stateside troops deployed and the lack of not being acclimated to the heat.

Panama, Wait-a-minit vines, Howler Monkeys, Caiman, Army ants, Ant trees were fun, Elephant grass, Blue butterflies and the large spiders that made the nylon yellow webs. Ever see a 2' grass hopper? I had one of those land on my shoulder once.
Knowing that everything in that country would bite you, I screamed like a girl.
A 2 foot grass hopper was only seen in the movies. Not landing on you.

Most of the Panamanians were crying in their soup when the US pulled out and took all the green backs away. Go back? 65 for me is the July after this one coming up.

I have found I have the finances to do so but the body maybe not so much.
Current wife does not like heat and it looks like I will be growing moss in the future years. I did a round with germ cell cancer and lost a kidney in the process of everything else. Massive tumor around the kidney, going up to the liver and wrapped around the descending aorta. One surgeon told me he wasn't going to chop on me 'cuz I would bleed out on his table so he sent me to another surgeon. She spent 11-1/2 hours carving me out. That was after 4 rounds of Chemo. The second one about did me in.
I spent some of that time being in the hosp due to becoming neutropenic (SP?)
At the same time I started losing my hair and began to pull out some of it when the wife came to visit one morning.

I told her I got her a chinchilla!

She looked at it and couldn't figure it out.
I asked her if she wanted a bigger one and then proceeded to pull out more hair.
Her reaction was somewhere between shock, horror and amusement.
I was amused.
This was fun.
For me.

She finally made me throw in the trash can but I had to ask her if she wanted another one anyway.

Gotta get going, catch you later!
Bruce

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]