In Reply to: 8n Head specs posted by IceChickenx on March 07, 2022 at 09:23:36:
1. The minimum height for the head is when the pistons start bumping it. Some pistons are higher than others. Is your engine head warped? If not, don't shave it. If you do shave it, test for piston bump afterwards by sitting the head on the engine without a head gasket and turning the engine over slowly. If the pistons bump, you'll have to either get a new head or grind some metal off the existing one.
2. I've had better luck with metal head gaskets.
3. Use copper coat on both sides of the gasket.
4. Clean the head using an engine cleaner or degreaser.
5. Are "cap screws" another name for "head bolts"? If so, they can be re-used, but you'll have more accurate torque readings with new bolts. Put a dab of sealant on the threads.