Good Morning folks! Its been a while since I've posted a question. Story first:
'48 (late '47) 8N. I'm pretty sure my head gasket has failed. I've searched and performed all the suggestions to reach this conclusion.
Last time I did a cylinder head gasket was 20 years ago. Back then I had the head checked and decked (I don't remember the amount).
1) What is the minimum height for the head? Meaning, there are only so many times you can deck the head before interference, right?
2) Metal or soft head gasket?
3) Do I use copper coat?
4) Is it necessary for the head to be cleaned? Or can I put it right back on?
5) Are the cap screws reusable?
6) Any other questions I should be asking, but have failed to mention?
I would hate to get rid of it. The date casting says it late '47.
I appreciate any help.