just doesn't want to start

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian on September 06, 2021 at 18:44:09 [URL] [DELETE] :

I have had my 8N for around 12 years with relatively few issues. But this year on two seperate occasions I would turn it off to do something only to try and start it back up and it just would not start. After discharging the battery and scratching my head I would jump start it or recharge the battery and away it would go. Plowing, hooking up my disc for a couple small food plots, pulling a couple logs out of the woods with no problem. Now I am just having problems starting it. I did all of the usual things first, check gas and spark and I have both. The last time I tried to start it was 2 weeks ago and not having a compression gauge I just put my thumb over the spark plug holes and I could feel my thumb being sucked in and then blown out. This week I had a compression gauge and I have 85, 77, 85, and 85 pound from #1-#4. I got it to start a few times this weekend and then turn it off and would not start back up. What I ave found is that the plugs on #1 & #2 appear to be wet while the plugs on #3 & #4 are dry. I did replace the plugs 2 weeks ago and they did not appear to be fouled or anything. Now after trying to start so many times they don't look the greatest. Unfortunately this tractor is 2 hours away from where I live so I can only do things about every other weekend. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have fuel coming out of the drain in the bowl. I did take the carburetor apart and clean everything out. So I have compression, fuel and spark. The timing is set to where it was after replacing the points.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]