Re: Dearborn 10-1 Plow Restoration Questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 29, 2017 at 18:52:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Dearborn 10-1 Plow Restoration Questions posted by Mike on September 29, 2017 at 18:26:33:

Mike- these old Dearborn and Ford implements are no longer serviced, meaning parts are no longer made for them. very few parts are available for some Dearborn equipment like some Economy plow shares but not much else. The 10-1 is the Prior Model and nothing is made for those. Hex head bolts are available today in 5/8-18 thread sizes but lengths are no longer made in odd fractional sizes that Ford used. You will get 3-1/4” or 3-1/2” so get long and grind down excess. Oh, and if you need a fine thread Carriage Bolt, in any size, –forget it, those are no longer made in the industry. In addition, the 5/8 hex fasteners today do not have the original 1-1/16” AF (Across Flats) dimension; they are 1” or 15/16” nowadays, industry standard. I don’t know what you mean by ‘top link pin swivels’. Do you mean the ball sockets on the lift arms on the tractor? Removing the ID TAG would require grinding off the rivets – no other ‘harmless’ way I know of. Be aware that once you do that, the remaining rivets are still in the drilled holes and would require a carbide drill to remove them. You ain’t gonna do that with a hand drill. George Bradish repops the Dearborn tags and rivets too. That's why I always preserve the original parts on these old iron machines. Or find a similar plow and swap parts out...

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]