Re: thread chasers 2

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dave#1 on January 27, 2016 at 18:11:37 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: thread chasers 2 posted by Steve VA on January 27, 2016 at 11:36:08:

How in the world do you get those in there with only 2" of clearance

You have just enough room to persuade the plug and coil back in.

and how in the world did the spark plug back out with that on top of it?

I've been rack'n my brain ever since this happened, Just don't know, Now that I think about it I did not have to unbolt the coil pack- it was just kind'a bounce'n around in there, I'm not sure if the plug just backed out? or was never tightened ?, It's a conspiracy I know it is, it's got be !
ROFL

And how do you get it started straight and in the right threads?

Ok ,this was easy, what ya got'a do is- Insert the tap/chaser with the extension in the spark plug hole, Then stick your tongue 1" out of the left side of your mouth and bite very lightly, then close your left eye and sight down the spark plug hole and start turning the chaser and "Bingo" perfect threads LOL
My options were kind'a limited, That's pretty much how I did it and everything worked out perfect.

As far as filings ?, I don't think there were any or very little, there was very little resistance with the tap/chaser , I blew out the cylinder with air when I was done, that's about all I could do in this situation .

Later,dave

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tools Forum ] [ FAQ ]