Re: This is driving me crazy. May be a short trip.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 26, 2020 at 00:45:01 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: This is driving me crazy. May be a short trip. posted by steveVa on March 25, 2020 at 23:27:17:

Here is the thing, a large number of people are testing positive for the virus that never had any symptoms. So either a false positive or the virus had no affect on them. I have been stating that the mortality rate is way over blown; one of the reasons for all the panic. Now studies are indicating that the mortality rate is most likely close to that of the regular flu. There just have not been the number of cases or the number of deaths that would justify shutting everything down and sending the economy into a depression. The stimulus bill will do little to offset the depression. Just how much good will getting $1200 do if they keep everything shut down for months. There are three bedroom flats that will cost you more than $1200 a month and that does not include utilities. We need to stop this madness now.

The governor of Va has declared no more than gatherings of 10 people and this includes churches. Now, the last time I check we had a constitutional right to assembly and religion and no damn governor can take away a constitutional right. Yet, they are threatening to use police and national guard so folks; yes, this is martial law. I asked a historian friend of mine if this has happened before and he said no. We have had some serious outbreaks and they never shut everything down.

This is the Democrats wet dream; everything else they tried to remove a duly elected president failed. They will say that the economy went down the clapper because of Trump; they will work this to no end. The trouble is that most Americans are stupid and can be lead as if sheep; scare them shatless and you can do anything you like to them, including taking their constitutional rights away. It is why you have to take your shoes off to get on an aeroplane.

If we don't stop this madness, the US will be plunged into a depression that will probably make '29 look like a stroll through the park.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]