What its like this morning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dabrowski on March 21, 2020 at 14:56:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

I live in Palo Alto, California and we have been in shutdown now for over a week. The San Francisco Bay area went into it last Friday and was the first to do so. Santa Clara County has been one of the most active in cases since things started. A couple of days ago the entire state followed with a general close down.

So what is it like out here, well it is quiet that is for sure. We suffer with twenty mile commutes that take an hour normally here with all the big tech firms in our area. Now it feels like 30 years ago. We are not locked in our houses, my wife and I walk a couple of miles most mornings around the town. I go over to my shop and work a couple of hours on #292, we go to the market for groceries and we move six feet or so when passing others. This morning I took our daughter's cat to the vet in Los Gatos. Had to remain in the car and check in by phone from the parking lot and a tech came out and picked up the critter then later returned him in a kind of curbside service. Libraries and schools and non-essential businesses are closed. I'm watching lots of TV and reading the NY Times. I'm not upset with Trump, he's trying his best, but I would advise paying attention to Dr. Fauchi on the daily briefings and whenever he is speaking on news shows-he is down to earth and really knows what is going on.

I expect that history will sort out who did what and when and level a judgement, but right now I'm off politics for the time being. Wish everyone the best and wash your hands a lot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]