The Absurdity of Politcal Correctness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 03, 2019 at 06:25:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

The other morning I was attempting to post on another tractor site, not the NTC, and it was getting rejected for an 'offensive' word. Multiple attempts to repost were rejected and I could not find anything I wrote that was 'offensive' or 'inappropriate'. "We try to maintain a clean forum....blah, blah, blah..." but nothing I wrote was offensive or inappropriate. I did their form asking the admins to explain the reason but never got a reply. The rejected post/message says it was 'not allowed for the following words(s)...' but nothing was written. Later in the day I went back to see if I could post it again and had the same results. So I took it one sentence at a time and do a preview function until I could get the 'offensive' message. All was well until came to a line I had written about using different cleaners for carburetors. I used the word "SPIC N' SPAN", an old household cleaner similar to pone-Sol, AJAX, et al. I took the word SPIC and added a 'K' at the end and it allowed me to post. Unfrigginbelievable. It goes to show just how stupid and ridiculous the socialib media has become in their quest to not 'offend' anyone or anything. BTW, in our How-To's article by Don Stewart on carb rebuilding, he mentions using 'Spic N' Span' for a parts cleaner. FWIW: 'Spic N' Span' was invented in 1933 by two housewives from Saginaw, Michigan and is STILL made and sold today. Glad to see the parent company hasn't caved and bought into the absurdity of political correctness.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]