Re: Bump stocks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mthomas on December 19, 2018 at 12:31:26 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Bump stocks posted by Farmer Dan on December 19, 2018 at 11:29:24:

Machine guns are not illegal. Ones manufactured after a certain date are illegal. Anyone over 21 with a clean record, US citizenship and money may own one. The jackass in Vegas probably could have bought one if he wished.

I do not own, nor do I want an AR type firearm. I was so happy to give my M16 back, I never want another one.

That said, a classic way to argue is the reduction to absurdity. Meaning this. The federal government is determined to take or compel distruction of private property with out compensation due to a determination that is arguably wrong reguarding the function of a bumpstock.

Reduced to the absurd, substitute some other item in place of bumpstock. Your car for example. Car exhaust has been used by governments to kill citizens. It is illegal in this country to kill people with car exhaust. You legally purchased your car, but some unelected official has decided car exhaust is illegal as it may be used to kill people.

Rather than take away your car as that would cause a huge uproar, the same as trying to take firearms would, the unelected official has decided to outlaw garden hoses as they are the method of converting your car into a killing machine. You now have 90 days to turn in your hoses or you become a felon. No hose compensation is to be provided for your legally purchase hose.

This is not only stupid and absurd, it is government over reach.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]