Re: GM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in MIch on November 27, 2018 at 18:37:39 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: GM posted by Island Mike on November 27, 2018 at 11:51:09:

Having spent a lot of time in Oshawa for GM Powertrain I know that there are/were 3 assembly plants in Oshawa. When I was going there two plants were building the GM A body cars (plants A and B) and the third plant was building pick-ups.
There is/was also stamping and a battery plant there. On top of that, the GM of Canada offices are in Oshawa.
There was also, at one time, an assembly plant in Scarboro (closed), a suburb of Toronto. They built the G van.
Further, an assembly plant was in St Terese that built the F body, Firebird and Camero.
Having been retired for over 11 years, I have no idea of the curent status of these plants.
I used to go to Baltimore for the M-van (was there for the startup)
I used to go to Wilmington, Deleware, Linden N.J. (closed), N. Tarrytown N.Y. (closed) and Framingham, MA (closed)
I watched GMAD, Ypsilanti, Mi close and go to Arlington, Texas.
I have been to Lordstown, now in the news.
I did visit Wentzville Missouri and Kansas City plants.
Lastly I was in Oklahoma, Arlington and Van Nuys plants.
SO...keep me out of GM assembly plants!!!
ps Also had to make a trip to Venezuela, ONCE. Valencia and Mariara (sp).
Lastly, as a GM salaried retiree, the only thing that I am getting FROM GM after 30 years are car dicounts. Whoopii!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]