Re: Me two. Or three. Or none?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed Gooding (VA) on October 24, 2018 at 04:53:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Me two. Or three. Or none? posted by steveVa on October 23, 2018 at 22:54:25:

It's a valid concern, Steve and has been for long before the #metoo crap started. A male boss doesn't need to be paranoid, but it sure makes sense to be cautious and maybe follow Mike Pence's policy of not being alone with another woman, whether she's attractive or not. If I meet one-on-one with a female employee, I leave the door to the office open. If the meeting necessitates privacy (HR issue), then I have another female employee in the room, too (HR person, female manager, etc.).

Years ago I hired a female manager who filed a hostile environment suit against my company. In the course of doing discovery, we found she had done this crap to two former employers. She was very smart about it - she only asked for enough in damages to make it worthwhile to just stroke the check and make her go away. Our attorney told us, "It will cost you at least $30,000 for me to beat her in court, and if we happen to lose, it may cost 10x that. Stroke the check and make her go away. In the meantime, I'll play some games that will cause her attorney to run the meter on her so she'll only get maybe half of it and maybe she'll stop this little game."

A lot of black men were beaten, castrated and lynched after false accusations by women in the dark days of civil rights. A lot of women suffered horribly from false accusations in Salem, MA before our founding principles of presumption of innocence and due process were implemented. If we would still teach founding principles and the reasons behind them in high school and then follow them vs. this mob rule crap we are seeing from the left, we would not have to worry about the #metoo movement, in my opinion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]