Re: Free Stuff

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on July 30, 2018 at 14:37:28 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Free Stuff posted by Dean on July 30, 2018 at 10:21:33:

Health Insurance is a sticky wicket with me.
I figure that I have paid over $200,000 into health insurance in my life time, and have nothing to show for it. I guess I have been lucky because I could have paid cash for all the doctors I have seen and I would be way ahead of the game.
I believe that the game is rigged.
The health insurance lobbyists have handed the insurance companies billions and trillions in profits, while we the taxpayer begin to pick up the costs when anyone turns 65.
Medicare helps the insurance companies more then anyone.
Once someone is old enough to really need health insurance, the government (thus the taxpayer) picks up the tab.
Anyone who thinks that these rules and decisions are made for our benefit is truly naive.
Here is how I look at this issue.
There is a basic cost for medical care for everyone in the USA for 1 year. (notice I said "medical care", and not insurance) There is a basic cost for "medical care" for everyone. Lets just say that cost is 4 trillion dollars. So if the government just paid cash for everyone then it would cost 4 trillion dollars.
If the insurance companies paid the total cost then they would pay out 4 trillion dollars.
so the cost of healthcare would be the same?? Or would it??
The insurance companies must build in a profit of about 25% and this is after their expenses for handling all that money so the actual increase is about 50%.
So now the cost of our healthcare just went up by 2 trillion dollars so we can pay the middleman insurance companies.
The only ones who make out on that deal is the insurance companies.
Why do you think they all fight so hard to keep the money flow in their hands???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]