Re: This Why We Stand

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James R (AZ) on July 05, 2018 at 07:51:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: This Why We Stand posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 04, 2018 at 07:57:52:

Many feel like it's genuinely disrespectful towards our country and veterans. Others just use the disrespectful excuse to dismiss or smear the person kneeling or the cause for the kneel. Instead of trying to understand the point and message of the kneel, they get pi$$ed because some “privileged athlete” had the audacity to kneel for a political statement. (I guess they prefer riots and violence?). Apparently, neo nazis have a right to protest, but heaven forbid someone kneels during the national anthem. That's just too unpatriotic.

These conservatives jump through hoops to talk about how political correctness has gone too far, or that people need to stop being so sensitive. With that, I say they need to take their own advice with this because they're being nothing but hypocritical at this point. Who's the true snowflake? Forced patriotism isn't freedom, genius.

Just a few days ago, Trump made a speech calling out NFL owners and athletes saying:

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when someone disrespects our flag to say, `Get that son of a bitch off the field right now! Out. He’s fired! He’s fired!“

And also tweeted:

"Great solidarity for our National Anthem and for our Country. Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings!”

So since Trump is hardly the most patriotic person or president in this country, (having avoided the Vietnam draft on bogus deferments, defended time after time neo nazis as “good people”, criticized actual veterans like John McCain for being captured in war or the Khan family whose gold star son died in combat) I think it's fair to say that Trump and anyone who supports Trump are hypocrites when it comes to patriotism and respect.

So in conclusion, I think many conservatives are being sensitive hypocrites who rather be part of the problem or ignore the problem at hand…. which is, there has been way too much racial division and discrimination in this country. And I serisouly applaud the athletes for taking a stand (metaphorically) for their beliefs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]