Re: Posting Policy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave in Wisconsin on May 29, 2018 at 11:57:38 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Posting Policy posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 28, 2018 at 19:28:34:

Well done Tim! It's good to see civil discussion. I'm a U.S. Navy vet, 1953-57and served in USS Wisconsin BB-64 "The Last Battleship". I check in to Politics here now and then and being a left-of-center Democrat find that my take on politics is not too common there. So, I read a bit, mentally fire off a snarky reply or two and log out. HOWEVER: I often check in on the forum and soon realize that among the posters there I have some kindred spirits. AND, to boot I've had some valuable help from the same guys who's politics I disagree with. 68 years ago this summer (I was 14) I drove a brand spanking new 8N from the dealer in Almond, Wisconsin about 6 miles to my grandparents farm. My uncle Ben who had served in the US Army on Guadalcanal and some other unpleasant places was then running the farm, still dogged by Malaria he's contracted there. Uncle Ben, who died in 2002, was a right-of-center Independent and I think I can honestly say that he would be quite disturbed at the words and actions of President Trump. So am I. PS: You can visit my old ship in Norfolk, VA which was our home port in the 1950's.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]