Gun violence

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AL CT on February 15, 2018 at 20:18:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

As I've said before I have an on going argument with a cousin who happens to be a die hard liberal. After many back and forth with her, this was my final response to her. Obviously it started with the tragic events in Florida. She wants sticker gun laws and revision or elimination of the 2nd amendment.

Here we go again, there are untold countless laws relating to fire arm purchases, usage and transportation of said fire arms on the books already. Hours of classes followed by back ground checks that take hours or days to complete, permitting, finger printing, letters from responsible citizens showing just cause why the new permittee should be allowed to own a fire arm. As a safe owner of fire arms, I feel the problem does not start with me, rather with the criminals that black market or steal a fire arm. Criminals will NEVER follow the laws. Look at Chicago. It has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet there are thousands of fatalities each and every year there. Offer gun reciprocity, allowing all 50 state gun transportation without fear of prosecution. Open or concealed carry should be the law of the land, eliminate gun safe zones. Gun safe zones invite criminals to do their hellish deeds. This school was a safe gun zone as have other high mortality gun shooting sires, what has that proved? Some members of Congress have been practicing their gun law speeches, waiting for the next catastrophic event to happen. I have two of these representing me (bad use of representing) Murphy and Blumenthal, they were disliked by the right in CT and that dislike still remains. There's not a camera either of them can pass by without preaching to the common folk about gun laws. Don't talk to me about additional gun laws or changing 2nd amendment, you'll never convince me otherwise.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]