Re: NAACP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on January 15, 2018 at 16:10:32 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: NAACP posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 15, 2018 at 10:38:18:

We have all had some experiences with race relations, good and bad. No group has exclusive title to either. I've lived in SE Michigan all of my life, worked 38 years in the automobile industry and 4 years in property management. I have seen and experienced a fair amount of hostility including being called a racist before it was fashionable.
I, too, get a bit rankled when ANY group (including religions) is organized that then tries to extol or force its virtues/beliefs over any other or that all persons should fit the mold they create. All men (and women) are created equal BUT NOT alike.
In my mind, it is when individuals or groups of individuals have little or no respect for others that friction and tension and hostility is created. The problem is further exacerbated due to generational behaviors, greed and power grabs like our politics.
Having said all of that, it is very obvious to me that all mankind will always be hostile toward those not like us or thinking like us, regardless whoever the "us" is.
Society to succeed must adhere to a set of rules, whether written or arrived at by common practices. Social pressures and punishments MUST be utilized evenly to sustain it.
Look at our world history of the "great" societies and how they faltered and failed.
Dang, I did not plan to be so verbose. LOL But, that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]